Greenlight may revise this Terms of Service policy from time to time without notice by posting a new version on the Greenlight web site at www.greenlightnc.com. All revised copies of the policy are effective immediately upon posting. Accordingly, customer and users of Greenlight Internet service should regularly visit our website and review this policy to ensure that their activities conform to the most recent version.
Greenlight does not exercise control over the content of the information downloaded or otherwise accessed by its customers. Furthermore, it is the sole responsibility of the customer to ensure that the information transmitted and received complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
Greenlight Internet customers are prohibited from engaging in the following activities in using the service:
- Sending unsolicited commercial messages or communications in any form (“SPAM”)
- Engaging in any activities or actions that infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of others, including, but not limited to, using third party copyrighted materials without appropriate permission, using third party trademarks without appropriate permission or attribution, and using or distributing third party information protected as a trade secret information in violation of a duty of confidentiality
- Engaging in any activities or actions that would violate the personal privacy rights of others, including, but not limited to, collecting and distributing information about Internet users without their permission, except as permitted by applicable law
- Sending, posting or hosting harassing, abusive, libelous or obscene materials or assisting in any similar activities related thereto;
- Intentionally omitting, deleting, forging or misrepresenting transmission information, including headers, return mailing and Internet protocol addresses
- Engaging in any activities or actions intended to withhold or cloak any user’s identity or contact information
- Using Internet connectivity for any illegal purposes, in violation of any applicable laws or regulations or in violation of the rules of any other service providers, web sites, chat rooms or the like
- Assisting or permitting any persons in engaging in any of the activities described above
Greenlight does not routinely monitor the activity of Service accounts for violation of this policy. However, in our efforts to promote good citizenship within the Internet community, we will respond appropriately if we become aware of inappropriate use of our service. Although Greenlight has no obligation to monitor Greenlight services and/or the network, Greenlight and its suppliers reserve the right at any time to monitor bandwidth, usage, transmissions, and content from time to time to operate Greenlight services; to identify violations of this policy; and/or to protect the network, Greenlight services and Greenlight users.
Greenlight prefers to advise customers of inappropriate behavior and any necessary corrective action. However, if Greenlight services are used in a way that Greenlight or its suppliers, in their sole discretion, believe violate this policy, Greenlight or its suppliers may take any responsive actions they deem appropriate. These actions include, but are not limited to, temporary or permanent removal of content, cancellation of newsgroup posts, filtering of Internet transmissions, and the immediate suspension or termination of all or any portion of Greenlight services.
Greenlight reserves the right to investigate suspected violations of this policy, including the gathering of information from the user or users involved and the complaining party, if any, and examination of material on Greenlight’s servers and network. During an investigation, Greenlight may suspend the account or accounts involved and/or remove or block material that potentially violates this policy. You expressly authorize Greenlight and its suppliers to cooperate with (i) law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected legal violations, and (ii) and system administrators at other Internet service providers or other network or computing facilities in order to enforce this Policy.